Wilderness and Remote First Aid (WRFA)
The American Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid (WRFA) course is designed to prepare you to deal effectively with accidents that can occur in remote areas where professional medical help is not readily available. The WRFA certification is valid for 2 years and is a nationally recognized certification.
BOEALPS is proud to offer this program in two evening sessions followed by a weekend session, including lectures, skills practice and hands-on scenarios held outdoors, per the schedule listed below. Note that WRFA courses (as well as Adult CPR/AED and other First Aid courses) are also available through your local chapter of the American Red Cross.
This course is highly recommended for all BOEALPS members and is a recognized certification meeting the requirements of the BOEALPS Basic Class (BCC) for BCC graduates who aspire to become BCC Instructors.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ADULT CPR/AED CERTIFICATION PREREQUISITE
The American Red Cross requires participants signing up for WRFA class to hold a current and valid Adult CPR/AED certification. YOU MUST OBTAIN THIS PRIOR TO SIGNING UP FOR WRFA CLASS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
CPR/AED classes are widely available through your local chapter of the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association or other organizations, or may be offered by your employer (for Boeing employees, enquire with your site training focal).
WRFA Class Information:
NOTE: Application period is now CLOSED for the Fall 2016 class !!!
- A current & valid Adult CPR/AED Certification is required to enroll in this class
- A copy of your certificate is required
- You MUST be at least 14 years old, by the end of the class.
- Attend ALL class sessions
- Pass the final written test with at least 80% score
- Demonstrate that you can perform all required skills
- Refunds will only be given if you drop PRIOR to the first WRFA class session.
- No refunds will be given after the first class.
- In any case, payment for annual BOEALPS membership is NON REFUNDABLE.
ALL CLASSES ARE HELD AT: Boeing Oxbow
- October 2016 Dates:
- Monday October 24, 2016 – 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Wednesday October 26, 2016 – 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Saturday October 29, 2016 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday October 30, 2016 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- $150 for BOEALPS members
- $175 for non-members
- Class Size Limit: 26
Contact Us for any questions or feedback.